3D Tape Rose Artwork by CasaSugar
To see how to whipped up your own budding canvas see the easy step-by-step tutorial below
Supplies you will need
- Any size canvas
- A roll(s) of wide (two-inch or so) painting tape
- Paint of your choice
- Sponge paint brush
- To start, measure your canvas and make marks for the center of each rose.
- Pull off a long piece of tape (about four feet) and fold it so that you have about 1/2 an inch of sticky side still showing.
- Place one end of the tape on the rose's center on the canvas. Start creating a spiral and sticking it to the canvas along the way. You can add to it if you need more length.
- Keep making the roses until all the spaces are full.
- When you are pleased with the buds, it's time to paint!
- Use your brush to slather on the paint. Sponge brushes are great at covering all the spots. Don't forget to color the outer edges of the "petals" as well as the insides of the flower.
- To complete the look, paint the edges of the canvas if you're planning to hang it unframed.
You don't have to paint a large canvas to make this work. Do a single rose or a pair of any shape for a simple statement.