by Factory Direct Craft
Little wet rings appear all over tables, and coffee tables. We can’t have that. To help keep the rings away here is a tutorial for custom made coasters, cheery and bright.
Things you’ll need
Blank ceramic tiles
Lightweight fabric (quilting cottons are perfect!)
Clear glaze spray
Things to do
1. Cut squares from your fabric ½ inch smaller than your tiles. Trim the edges with pinking shears.
2. Apply a thin coat of Modge Podge to the entire top surface of the tile and smooth the fabric square on, centering it so that an even amount of tile is showing all the way around the fabric. Allow the Modge Podge to dry before proceeding.
3. Brush an even, thin coat of Modge Podge over the entire top of the tile and allow it to dry.
4. Spray the surface with two thin coats of glazy to seal. Allow the glaze to dry between coats.
5. Cut a square of felt just a tad smaller than the tile and glue them to the bottom of each to protect your tabletops from scratches. Allow the glue to set before using.