Tutorial - These look like so much fun. Use them to decorate a wrapped gift or string them across a cake. So many uses.
You will need some really basic supplies to make your bunting-rick rack , craft glue (or fabric glue), at least one color 8 x12 sheet of wool felt, a ruler + scissors. If you want to make cupcake toppers and/or a cake topper you will need toothpicks and doweling. That’s it!
To make the triangle bunting:
- Cut 1 yard of each size of the rick rack you are using-I used small, medium & large to match the triangles.
- Cut 3 rectangles from your wool felt- small (1/2″x 12″), medium (3/4″x 12″), large (1″x 12″)
- I don’t use a pattern for cutting out the triangles, just cut off the end of the rectangle at a diagonal & go for it! Ila loves catching the little triangles as they are cut & sorting them into neat piles.
- Then dip the very edge of each triangle in the glue & stick it on, be careful to line up the edge of the triangle with the rick rack so it doesn’t show when you flip it over.
- Let it dry until the glue is slightly set then turn it over and make sure everything is in the right place.
- Dry and then store by wrapping around a piece of cardboard or reuse the rick rack packaging.
Some more ideas are:
Gift wrap, cards, and scalloped bunting Photo shoot props, embellishments for packaging, scrap booking.